Whole jacket potatoes
* Wash whole potatoes, (white or sweet) generally one per person.
* Place directly on the racks in a preheated oven, on 180C, for 1 hour.
* Carefully, using an oven mitt or a doubled over tea towel, remove the potatoes from the oven.
* Carefully cut a deep cross into the potato and add your toppings of choice.
For a faster meal/snack.
* Dice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
* Drizzle with olive oil
* Place into a preheated oven on 180C for 30 minutes.
Two easy, fast toppings.
1. Rainbow Topping
* Finely diced red capsicum and celery (c)
* Grated carrot, beetroot and cheese (c)
* Sour cream
* 300 g finely sliced red and green cabbage (s)
* 200 g coarsely grated organic carrot (c)
* 2 green apples coarsely grated
* 2 sticks of celery finely chopped (c)
* 1/2 red onion finely diced (pouring hot water over the onion and allowing it to sit for 2 minutes before combining will lessen the intensity of the flavour) (s)
* 3 Tbsp good quality/homemade mayonnaise (if buying I like Thomy)
- Combine all ingredients and add sour cream to the potato if desired.
(g) ~ leafy greens
(c) ~ deeply coloured
(s) ~ sulphur rich
~ Keeping in mind the necessity for 7-9 cups of vegetables and fruit every day, made up of equal quantities of dark leafy greens, deeply coloured and sulphur-rich portions, I coded the above for your ease of reference.